Inflatable paddleboards are fast and easy to inflate. They mostly come with a pump that takes around 10 minutes before fully inflating a SUP. However, in most cases, both the young and old generation may find physical pumping quite tiresome and involving.
The frustrations that come with a manual pump forced us to generate a list of the most recommendable electric pumps for paddle boarders. Many electric pumps are much smaller and have an equivalent weight to the traditional manual pump.
This gives it the advantage of an easier pack and carriage. Some come with a portable battery, hence eliminating the need to be near a car to use the pump.
Electric pumps are much superior to the manual in almost all aspects. Most of these electric pumps come at the cost of less than $150. So how do you get to choose the best one in the market? Kindly read on, and you will definitely find the one that suits all your preferences.
iROCKER 12 V Electric Pump.
iRocker 12 is the most recommended pump on our list. Its ability for a quick pump makes it a leader in the market. Its inflation limit of up to 20 PSI gives it the ability to inflate the standard SUP in 10 minutes or even less.
Another outstanding factor about this pump is it comes with two power source options. The different power sources give it the advantage of either plugging it into a standard car or directly to a 12V battery.
The iRocker 12 has an LCD screen through where you can set the PSI limit. This factor enables you to check pump progress right under the operating buttons. The iRocker has an auto shut down aspect that guarantees the right amount of air gets into your iSUP.
- The fastest inflating pump.
- Dependable with high durability.
- Easy to carry and well compacted.
- A thick hose that does not melt when the pump becomes hot.
- They require longer resting periods after the pump.
Outdoor Master Shark SUP Air Pump.
Electric pumps have the ability to pump more than one SUP at a go without the dangers of overheating. The Outdoor Master Shark air pump easily inflates 3 with no breaks in-between. This dual electric pump will inflate your standard SUP in a max of 8-12 minutes, thanks to its 20 PSI feature.
A computerized visual display unit ingrained into this air pump will calculate the PSI and let you set your preferred PSI cap. Both of them are automated hence preventing excessive inflating of the paddleboard.
However, we usually encourage our clients to be on the watch on hot days. After two pumps, it is always good to let the pump take some rest to avoid overheating.
- Quick non-stop inflating.
- The pump is tight and well compacted.
- It has a warrant of up to 12 months.
- Long 9’’ power cables and a 4’6’’hose.
- This pump is really huge hence difficult to carry around.
ERS 12 VDC +GO.
If you are searching for a portable pump, then this is definitely the pump for you. The pump has the ability to inflate to a standard of 20 PSI. The ERS 12 V comes with a plug fit for a standard car lighter socket.
That does not end there as it has an option for a go-battery able to pump 6-8 boards of 15 PSI on a single charge. It also has USB ports used for charging speakers, phones, and any other electric gadget. This pump is quite easy to operate as it has both inflating and deflating properties.
- Reliability: while this pump has a close resemblance to many other inflatable SUP pumps, it is actually unique. It has been crafted to meet the top requirements for pumping inflatable SUPs.
- Well compacted.
- Automatic on and off switch.
- Speed: It takes a max of 10 minutes for a full pump of 10’7 V3.
- It only needs 10-minute rest time after 20 minutes’ constant use.
- This pump does not connect to a 12V battery.
Atoll Bravo 2.
Have you ever wished to have a pump that easily fits in your hand? Then the Atoll bravo 2 is what you need. This electric pump comes with a Bravo bag, and it comfortably sits in the palm of your hand. With its automatic 2 stage pumping process, it can easily inflate to a max of 14.5 PSI. The Atoll Bravo pump does not come with a carry handle, but it is highly portable and efficient.
- Robust build.
- It comes with its own carry bag.
- Easy to operate.
- No car outlet option or alligator clips due to its small size.
- Mainly manufactured for smaller SUPs with a 14.5 PSI limit.
NIXY Elite iSUP Electric Pump.
This is another perfect electric pump with extra features such as extra power options and outstanding performance. It only takes about 10-15 minutes for a full 20 PSI pump. This pump has two options for powering up; plug-in car lighters and alligator clips for a 12 V battery.
- An automatic double stage function, thus quick inflation.
- It has a travel bag hence guaranteed safety for the cables and hose.
- Numerous power options.
- Less time is required for cooling.
- Short hose cord hence limited maneuverability.
SereneLife Rechargeable Pump.
This a preferred choice for hikers. Thanks to its rechargeable feature and portability. It has an inbuilt battery, eliminating the need for a standard car lighter or a 12 V battery. This pump has a PSI of 16, thus suitable for various SUPs.
The manufacturer gives you a warrant of 30 days for testing and a cost-free shipment if it does not fit your needs. This pump has the ability to pump 3-4 paddle boards on a full charge.
- It comes with a fused and rechargeable battery hence no need for a car for plugging in.
- It has a carry handle thus easy to transport.
- It has an inbuilt LED flashlight that comes in handy in a dark place.
- It has a very short hose with a total length of 3.3” long.
- It has a low PSI limit of 16.
As evident in the article, the accomplishments between electric pumps for inflatable SUPs have minimal differences. However, their appearances vary as some take a shorter time to inflate while others take longer. Their durability and client service will all depend on the manufacturer of your choice. For more reviews check out this list of SUP Pumps.
We propose the above electric pumps not only because of their performance but the companies that produce them. If none of them impresses you, we suggest you check on a company’s reviews before finally coming up with your final decision.